Issue: While connecting a server through remote desktop, you get the login screen but after entering the login credential you get the error message: ‘RPC Server Unavailable’ and it does not let you login.
In Application logs, we get error with event id 1219, Source: Winlogon and the description of the event is: ‘Logon rejected for <user name>. Unable to obtain Terminal Server User Configuration.’
Things to check:
- Create the Following DWORD value and set it to 1
- IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors =1
- Roaming Profiles – Test with an account that has local profile. Reference: KB 821929
- Network Binding Order
- Disable TCP Chimney and RSS on the network adapter. Reference KB 948496
- Incorrect DNS server configuration on the server.